Cardiac Rehabilitation is more than just an exercise program – it’s an important step in adopting the lifestyle changes necessary to improve your cardiac wellness.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation program at Palomar Health is a hospital-based, medically supervised program designed to strengthen your heart and reduce the chances of future problems.
Cardic Rehabilitation is appropriate for those who:
• Have had a heart attack
• Have had cardiac surgery or procedures such as bypass, stenting, valve replacement, heart
transplant or angioplasty
• Have been diagnosed with angina
As a participant in the program, you will receive ongoing guidance and support in a safe environment. Working in conjunction with your physician, our registered nurses and exercise physiologists will prescribe a personalized program to include:
• Diet and nutrition counseling
• Stress management techniques
• Monitored exercise program using our fully equipped indoor exercise area and outdoor track
• Group interaction and social support
• Education on a variety of cardiac health issues
We also offer a program for those who are at risk for developing heart disease due to hypertension, high cholesterol, smoking, obesity, lack of exercise or family history.
Do you have questions about rehabilitation services at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? Visit Our Services for more information or Contact us!