New Hire Hub - Getting Started
Before your first day at Palomar Health:
- Please ensure you receive and review the following e-mail communication from the HR Employment staff.
- #1 Palomar Health– Offer Letter – Offer letter includes Health Screening & Drug Test appointment confirmation and information regarding New Employee Orientations). You will be signing the original offer letter at New Hire Orientation. You need not return this prior to orientation.
- #2 Palomar Health- New Hire Paperwork (Follows offer letter)
- #3 Palomar Health– Job Description / New Hire Checklist (Follows offer letter)
- #4 Palomar Health– New Hire Clearance (Sent no later than Friday prior to your orientation date)
- Complete a health screening and drug test. For necessary information about what to bring to this appointment click here.
- Complete New Hire Paperwork electronically no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday prior to New Employee Orientation. You may access the paperwork via the link provided in the email sent to you or via "Onboarding Express" on New Hire Hub. (Please note that all forms can be completed and submitted electronically except Direct Deposit form and ID Badge & Parking Decal form.)
- Print and complete Direct Deposit form and bring it along with a voided personal check to orientation. In lieu of a voided check, please see your local bank representative to obtain a bank letter or specification sheet that can validate your account information.
- Print and complete ID Badge & Parking Decal form and bring to orientation. Click to view our Learning & Development Center / East Grand Avenue Aerial Parking Map.
- Collect appropriate identification & employment eligibility documents (required with Form I-9) and bring to orientation. Most common form of documentation is a passport or a driver’s license and social security card. A complete list of acceptable identification and employment eligibility documents is available on the second page of Form I-9. It can be accessed along with the rest of the paperwork via "Onboarding Express".
- Contact your manager for your work schedule. Your manager’s contact information can be found on your offer letter.
- Review Palomar Health- New Hire Clearance e-mail. Clearance notification will be sent no later than Friday prior to your orientation date. This email will also provide you with your employee ID number. Orientation and parking related information will also be included in this email.
» Back to top
Things to Know:
Your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the following:
- References, verification of all credentials including certification, licensure, and previous employment
- Verification of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States (I-9)
- Acceptable results of a background report provided by an external contractor
» Back to top
As part of the new hire process, you will need to complete a physical exam and drug/alcohol screening at Corporate Health. This appointment will be scheduled at one of our two Corporate Health locations at the time of your offer. Please visit our Contacts page for information on Corporate Health locations.
For the physical exam, you are asked to arrive 15 minutes early and allow an hour for the exam.
Please bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- All prescription medication in their original bottle
- All over-the-counter medications in their original bottle
- Immunization record (if available)
If you have any changes or specific questions regarding this appointment, please contact Corporate Health directly.
» Back to top
Onboarding Express is your online resource for accessing and completing your New Hire Paperwork
When do I use Onboarding Express?
Your New Hire Paperwork must be completed no later than 3 business days prior to your New Employee Orientation Date. If you are unable to complete your paperwork, please contact your Employment Specialist immediately.
How do I get into the site?
Once you select the link below to complete your new hire paperwork, you will be directed to our Position Manager site to complete your paperwork. You will need the username and password that you used to complete your online application to Palomar Health. If you do not know your user name and password, you may retrieve it once you enter the site.
Where can I use a computer?
You may use your personal computer to access the site. If you are unable to access Onboarding Express through a personal computer, you may use one of our public computers at the Human Resources Office located at: 456 East Grand Avenue. Escondido, CA 92025.
To begin completing your new hire paperwork using Onboarding Express,
**The “Onboarding Express” requires the use of the Adobe Reader product. To download Adobe reader, click here. If you are a Mac (Apple) computer user and are facing technical difficulties, click here for more information.
» Back to top