New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Thank you for your interest in our New Grad Nurse Residency Program. Information on our next Residency Program will posted on this webpage as soon as it is available. Please check back for updated information on time frames as it becomes available.
The New Grad Nurse Residency program provides the new Registered Nurse a mentored experience to facilitate the transition from student to professional nurse. It is a 9 week program that follows both New Employee Orientation and Nursing Orientation. The weekly program entails a 6-hour didactic session on various topics and 30 hours on the unit with an assigned preceptor.
Clinical Areas of Concentration:
- Medical Surgical
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Medical Oncology
- Critical Care
The New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is designed to assist the new grad to:
- Demonstrate clinical competence at the advanced beginning level
- Demonstrate effective decision-making skills and clinical judgment at the point of care
- Incorporate research-based evidence into practice
- Exhibit commitment to nursing through professional behavior
- Develop an individual plan for ongoing professional development
Note: We do not intend to post New Graduate Nurse Residency positions outside this Residency program. Due to an overwhelming interest in this program, we do our best to provide updated information on this website. We request you not to contact us over the phone to enquire your application status. We will be getting in touch with you via email or phone to set up interviews and/or regarding hiring decisions before the start of the program.