Palomar Health receives hundreds of requests each year to financially sponsor events: street fairs, luncheons, galas, rotaries, chambers of commerce etc. In order for us to promptly and appropriately process your organization’s request, we ask that you read the following information. Our goal is to ensure that you receive a timely response.
Approval for requests depends on several factors including:
- The request must be for a project directly supporting the mission of Palomar Health: to heal, comfort and promote health in the communities we serve.
- The requesting organization should be based or have presence within the Palomar Health district. The district stretches more than 800 square miles; from Poway to Escondido and Valley Center. For a complete map, visit the “about us” section of palomarhealth.org.
- The requesting organization must be a not-for-profit organization.
- The sponsorship activity must be consistent with the values, purpose and goals of Palomar Health.
- The amount in question must be appropriate in relation to the activity and benefits for the community
- Any sponsorship agreement must not compromise the professional standards and ethics of the Palomar Health organization.
- Direct sponsorship agreements will only be negotiated with organizations whose public image, products and services are consistent with the values, purpose, goals and specific policies of Palomar Health.
- Any company or organization whose name is associated with the manufacture, distribution or sale of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, pornography or armaments is not regarded as an appropriate sponsor. This would not necessarily preclude involvement with local supermarkets and other businesses provided that their name is not linked to inappropriate products.
- When considering an organization as a potential sponsor, Palomar Health will evaluate the appropriateness of: the type of products or services the organization markets, the marketing methods used, and its public image as an employer.
- All requests must be submitted using the Sponsorship Request Form.
- All requests must be submitted 6 weeks prior to the event.
- Each sponsorship agreement shall be made for a specific period and purpose.
- Every sponsorship agreement shall contain a clause which allows for the cancellation of an agreement without penalty, where information questioning the appropriateness of an organization as a sponsor comes to light after the agreement has been signed.
- Acknowledgment agreements will be detailed prior to event or activity in order to avoid disputes over obligations.
- Palomar Health reviews each request on its own individual merit, and retains the right to accept or deny any request.
- Final authority over and sponsorship agreement, sponsorship contract or full legal contract ultimately rests with the Marketing Department at Palomar Health.
Each sponsorship request will be taken on a case-by-case basis with current budget constraints in mind. The health system must manage its funds wisely and invest those dollars in organizations which share similar vision, mission and values. Organizations which do not meet requirements will be notified as such. If there are organizations who meet criteria yet Palomar Health lacks funding source, we will discuss in detail how to find a suitable solution.
Download the Sponsorship Request Form.
Download Sponsorship Guidelines.
Please return completed Sponsorship Request Forms to Tammy Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 760.739.2000.