Injury and Illness Services
Timely and appropriate medical treatment for your employees
When you send your injured employee to Marshfield Clinic Occupational Health at the time an injury initially occurs, your employee will receive:
- Timely, high-quality, conservative medical treatment
- A determination of work-relatedness
- A written work status report within 24-48 hours
- Prompt referral to specialty care, when necessary
As an employer, you benefit too. We treat your employee promptly and appropriately so they're back to work faster. Your employee can often be treated in a walk-in environment, which saves an expensive trip to the emergency room. To ensure you receive timely information, our staff provide your employee with a written work status report at appointment and will provide you with a written work status report, directly via fax, within 24-48 hours.
Personalized and cost-effective rehabilitation
You can be confident that Marshfield Clinic's experienced physical/occupational therapy staff will provide:
- On-site ergonomic assessments, creating work methods that emphasize work site safety and education
- Structured, goal-oriented and individualized programs to successfully transition workers back to work
- Post-injury Functional Capacity Exams to support a safe, early return to work and establish accountability for the employer, employee and medical provider
Post-injury Functional Capacity Exams (FCE) are conducted by Occupational Health in conjunction with Marshfield Clinic Physical Therapy. FCE's are typically ordered by a physician following an injury. FCE's may also be ordered in conjunction with a fitness for duty exam to assist the provider with objective data.
The FCE measures physical requirements such as stooping, crawling, and climbing, to match the injured worker's capabilities to a job description provided by the employer. FCE's also include consistency checks, medical narratives and explanation, symptom magnification tests if indicated and can give recommendations to accommodate an employee.
Case Management Services
- Keep the client and insurance company informed promptly of the patient’s progress, return-to-work status and treatment
- Identify treatment plans, oversee medical care and monitor progres
- Work with our clients to prevent future injuries and illness
- Analyze and trend injury activity
Do you have question about Palomar Corporate Health Services at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? Visit Our Services for more information, Contact Us or Find our Location(s).