Welcome to Interlink Pathways where we are Building Tomorrow's Healthcare Leaders, Today!
Interlink Pathways promotes and educates students of all ethnic backgrounds about various medical, nursing, and healthcare careers. The program brings high school and adult students and Palomar Health employees together to experience careers in the medical, nursing, and allied health professions. Interlink develops and supports healthcare academies and programs while also creating active partnerships that immerse students in the health care experience.
Interlink Pathways, formerly known as the Grow Our Own Medical Employees or GO-MED program, is the result of a vision to better serve North County San Diego Communities by exposing high school students to careers in the medical profession. Interlink develops and supports healthcare academies while also addressing social and economic barriers and obstacles to students, particularly students from under represented groups. Interlink's main initiative is to build the workforce of the future through:
- Internships and Hospital Tours
- High School Health Care Academies/Pathways
- Speakers Bureau: Palomar Health Healthcare Professionals
- Career Pipeline Promotion for Adults
- Medical Interpreter Training
- Collaborating with North County San Diego Organizations with Similar Goals
- Linkages with Employers and Scholarship Programs
- Promoting a Culturally Competent Workforce
Interlink Pathways is funded by The California Endowment, The Parker Foundation, The California Wellness Foundation, and Palomar Health.