Pediatric Care Unit at Palomar Health
Palomar Health has partnered with Rady Children's Hospital & Health Center to provide Pediatric Services to the children and families of San Diego County. This partnership between Palomar Medical Center and Children’s Specialists of San Diego Medical Group is designed to provide convenient access as well as clinical expertise in pediatrics, for which Rady Children's is known.
We understand that while we treat our young patients, we must be sensitive to the needs of family members as well. At Palomar Health the following practices are in place to ensure that everyone involved with the children is comfortable and informed.
- Open visitation for families.
- Family members are encouraged to stay with their child and help with their care.
- Parents play an integral role in decisions regarding their child’s treatment.
- Family members can bring comforting items from home.
- An on-site playroom designed for young patients to express their feelings through play to help cope with their illness.
At Palomar Medical Center newborns and children up to 18 years of age are provided acute care in our 23-bed Pediatric unit. A multidisciplinary team of experts includes:
- Specially trained Pediatric Nurses
- Specialized Respiratory Care Providers
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Family counseling services
The pediatric unit provides a family-centered atmosphere with:
- Safety and security
- Overnight accommodations for a family member
- Attractive décor that’s appealing to children
- A pantry that’s open to family members