Wound Care Center Services
Patients with wounds that have not shown any signs of improvement within four weeks of conventional treatment (by their doctor) or those with wounds that have failed to heal within eight weeks of treatment are likely candidates for the Wound Care program.
You will receive a thorough diagnostic examination to identify the type of wound you have and the underlying problems causing the wound. After this, a program specifically tailored to your needs will be initiated based on the most effective treatment options.
We utilize the newest clinical tools in wound healing, along with traditional clinical practices, to create individualized treatment plans that are based on a “Pathway for Wound Healing.”
Advanced Modalities of Wound Care:
- Wound Dressings
- Contact Casting and Off-Loading
- Compression Therapy
- Bio-engineered Skin Substitutes
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Edema Management
- Non-invasive Vascular Assessment
- Data Base Tracking for Outcomes Management and Analysis
Comprehensive Wound Management:
- Nutritional Assessment and Counseling
- Diabetic Education
- Patient and Caregiver Counseling
- Pain Management
- Special Equipment and Supplies for Pressure Relief
Do you have questions about the Wound Care Centers at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? Learn about Hyperbaric Oxygen, the Types of Wounds We Treat, Contact Us or Find Our Location(s).