If you’re struggling with your weight, discover how bariatric surgery at the Palomar Health Weight Management Center can help. You’ll benefit from the compassion, skill and expertise of a team that’s helped thousands of people reach their goals and improve their quality of life.
What’s Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery, or metabolic surgery, is a procedure that promotes weight loss by:
- Limiting the amount of food you can consume or digest
- Changing hunger hormones and other chemical reactions in your body
See the types of weight loss surgery performed at Palomar Health.
Reasons for Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery is the most effective, proven long-term treatment for obesity. But it’s about more than weight. Bariatric surgery may resolve or improve:
Bariatric surgery and the lifestyle changes you make afterward may also help reduce your risk of a wide range of serious health conditions, including heart disease and several types of cancer.
Discover whether you’re a candidate for bariatric surgery.
Feel confident you’ll get safe, high-quality, cost-effective bariatric surgery care at Palomar Health Weight Management Center. We hold the following recognitions and certifications:
- Aetna Institutes of Quality® Bariatric Surgery Facility
- BlueCross BlueShield Blue Distinction® Center+ for Bariatric Surgery
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)-accredited Comprehensive Center
- 2019 Women’s Choice Award® America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery
Our Approach to Care
When you choose Palomar Health for bariatric surgery, you benefit from our experience caring for patients like you. At our boutique hospital in Poway, you’re treated like a VIP. Enjoy:
- One-on-one attention from our bariatric surgery coordinator
- Nurses with specialized training to care for bariatric surgery patients
- Facilities designed with your comfort and safety in mind
- Private patient rooms
Plus, when you stay close to home for bariatric surgery, you may feel more at ease. That’s because you’re closer to your support network and can avoid the stress of driving long distances.
Learn more about what to expect on your journey to better health.
About 300 surgeries are performed at our weight management center each year—so you know we understand the unique needs of bariatric surgery patients and their families. Look forward to exceptional care from a team that includes:
- Board-certified bariatric surgeons with years of experience
- Nurses who get to know you and are devoted to your success
What’s the Cost of Bariatric Surgery?
Many insurance plans offer coverage for bariatric surgery. Contact your insurance provider to learn what’s included in your plan.