Do I Qualify for Bariatric Surgery?
Discover whether bariatric surgery at the Palomar Health Weight Management Center could help you reach your health and wellness goals.
Am I a Candidate?
To qualify for bariatric surgery at the Palomar Health Weight Management Center, you must:
- Meet body-mass index (BMI) requirements
- Have a BMI of 40 or above, or be at least 100 pounds overweight, OR
- Have a BMI of 35 or above and at least one weight-related health condition, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis or sleep apnea
- Have tried to achieve a healthy weight through diet and exercise
- Be ready to make lifelong changes to your eating and exercise habits
What’s My BMI?
BMI is a measurement that estimates how much body fat you have. BMI is based on your height and weight. Calculate your BMI.
What If I’m Not Eligible?
If you’re not a candidate for bariatric surgery, ask your primary care provider (PCP) or one of our bariatric surgeons about nonsurgical options for weight loss.
Do I Qualify for Revisional Surgery?
Revisional bariatric surgery modifies or repairs a weight-loss procedure you already had. You may benefit from a corrective procedure if you experience:
- Not enough weight loss
- Too much weight loss for good health
- Persistent acid reflux or vomiting
- Weight regain
- Complications from your first surgery
- Slipped Lap-Band