Palomar Medical Center Poway Gero-Psychiatric Unit (GPU)
This 12-bed inpatient unit is dedicated to older adults suffering from acute psychiatric disorders, age-related difficulties, and who may also experience memory impairments. The emphasis on this unit is symptom management, support and helping the family place the patient at an appropriate level of care.
- Specialized assessment, stabilization and treatment for older adults
- Both psychiatric and internal medicine evaluation and treatment
- Psychiatric intensive care
- Voluntary and involuntary treatment
- Safe, structured, secure environment
- Beautiful and homelike private rooms
- Medication management
- Supportive group, individual and milieu therapy
- Activity therapy, recreation therapy, art therapy and music therapy
- Individualized treatment plans and coordination with the patient’s physicians and primary caregivers
- Family support
- Comprehensive discharge planning, aftercare and placement assistance
- The Joint Commission accreditation
Do you have questions about Palomar Center for Behavioral Health at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? For more information, contact us.