Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) at Palomar Medical Center Escondido and Palomar Medical Center Poway provides advanced intensive care 24-hours a day, to critically ill newborns.
Our NICU offers:
- State-of-the-art treatment and monitoring equipment
- A multidisciplinary team including:
- Specially trained neonatal nurses
- Specialized respiratory care providers
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Lactation Consultants
- Family counseling services
Our Community Level Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) combine the latest in technology coupled with a commitment to family-centered care to meet the special needs of these infants.
Palomar Health has also partnered with Rady Children's Hospital & Health Center to provide Pediatric Services to the children and families of San Diego County. This partnership between Palomar Medical Center Escondido and Children’s Specialists of San Diego Medical Group is designed to provide convenient access as well as clinical expertise in pediatrics, for which Rady Children's is known.
We understand that while we treat our infant patients, we must be sensitive to the needs of family members as well. At Palomar Health the following practices are in place to ensure that everyone involved with the babies is comfortable and informed.
- Open visitation for families
- Family members are included in decisions about the baby’s treatment.
- Family members are encouraged to help with the baby’s care
- Family members can personalize the baby’s bed with items from home
- Breast feeding mothers are supported by lactation consultants
Patient Story: Delivery Experience at Palomar Medical Center Poway
Read our patient story about a patient who delivered twins and got to labor the way she wanted.