Laboratory Services at Palomar Health
Palomar Health Laboratory Services consists of two hospital-based laboratories:
Laboratory Services processes approximately 1500 specimens of blood, body fluid, and tissue biopsies per day for hospital patients, outpatients and physician office clients. The laboratory service area encompasses more than 800 square miles including downtown San Diego, La Jolla, and all of North Inland San Diego County.
More than 300 local physicians, clinics and health-care facilities use PPLS for clinical laboratory services. PPLS also provides phlebotomy services at several local long-term care and skilled nursing facilities.
Laboratory Services mission is to provide the highest quality laboratory services to the community through excellence in laboratory testing, exceptional attention to our customers, and employee education. PPLS' 200 employees accomplish this mission by:
- Providing a menu of more than 400 procedures in clinical laboratory testing and anatomic pathology services.
- Performing 95% of all testing on-site.
- Providing an extensive STAT test list including hormones and drug levels.
- Reporting critical values 24 hours a day in accordance with federal regulations.
- Maintaining a laboratory operation where testing is performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, resulting in the best turnaround times in the area.
- Maintaining close relationships with Palomar Health Emergency Room, Cardiology, Pulmonary, and Infectious Disease departments to meet or exceed specific tests needs and turnaround times.
- Partnering with ARUP Laboratories to provide the most current, up-to-date esoteric test services. ARUP Laboratories provides esoteric test results with the best turnaround times in the industry.
- Offering expertise in clinical diagnostic and anatomic pathology consultation.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art technologically advanced diagnostic techniques and instrumentation.
- Participating in the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and other proficiency testing programs for every reported analyst.
- Constant Quality Assurance monitoring, with a focus on continual improvement and in combination with our internal and external customer needs. The PPLS internal quality assurance program evaluates daily laboratory performance from specimen collection and courier pick-up to result reporting.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction scores monthly.
Do you have questions about Laboratory Services at Palomar Health in North San Diego County at Palomar Health? Visit Our Services for more information, Contact Us or Find Our Location(s).