Personalized & Compassionate Maternity Care
Find support from a world-class team that is dedicated to you and your baby’s well-being, safety and comfort. At Palomar Health, you receive compassionate and extraordinary care throughout your entire pregnancy and birth experience.
When you’re expecting a new addition to your family, you want access to the highest quality maternity care near your home. Each year, approximately 6,000 babies in San Diego County are born at Palomar Health’s two birthing centers. Here, we are proud to offer the services that match the birth experience of your choice, offering personalized care in:
- Prenatal care and screenings – Checkups and testing services to help you have the healthiest possible pregnancy and treat or prevent potential problems
- Labor and delivery care – Dedicated birth centers in Escondido and Poway offering personalized labor, delivery and postpartum care in birthing “suites”
- Neonatal intensive care – Specialized care for premature or ill newborns in Level II neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) with advanced technology
- Breastfeeding services – Lactation education and support in one-on-one or group settings and rental of breastfeeding supplies
- Classes and events – Pregnancy, newborn care and new parent classes and support groups
- First Steps – First Steps helps children to grow up healthy and ready to succeed in school. Services begin prenatally and are ongoing until the child is 3 years old.
- YoMingo – Palomar Health is now partnered with YoMingo, an educational app providing information on prenatal care, labor and birth, postpartum, breastfeeding, newborn care and much more!
Welcoming Your Baby
The birth of your baby is one of life’s most precious and intimate moments, and we work to make every moment special by customizing your birth experience with support from Palomar Health—a hospital known for compassionate care in quiet, family-friendly birth centers. Rest assured our expert staff will follow your birth plan, only doing otherwise if medically needed.
Find the Right Doctor for You
You and your chosen specialist will lead your maternity care team. Call 858-613-4276 or search online to find the right provider for you.
Your Expert Care Team
Palomar Health customizes your care plan to make sure you have the birth experience you planned. Our medical professionals partner with you, so they can listen and get to know you, to provide you with the care and support you need so you have the smoothest possible pregnancy and delivery. Depending on your unique needs, your team may include:
- Board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist (OB-GYN) – Doctor with specialized training to care for women during pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Certified lactation consultant – Breastfeeding expert who provides education and support
- Registered nurses – Caregivers certified in labor and delivery, fetal monitoring, mother-baby care, neonatal intensive care and other specialties
- Perinatologist, or maternal fetal medicine specialist – Obstetrician (OB) who cares for women during high-risk pregnancies
- Interpreter – Professional who helps you talk to your care team if you speak a language other than English
Feel peace of mind that, if needed, your baby can get care from additional specialists, such as a neonatologist. A neonatologist is a pediatrician who cares for babies in a NICU.
Take advantage of care that stands out in the nation for meeting high patient satisfaction and safety standards. Palomar Health holds high scores from Press Ganey because our providers:
- Answer your questions and listen to any concerns
- Keep our facilities clean and comfortable
- Quickly respond when you need assistance
- Provide health education
- Protect your privacy
- Treat you and your loved ones with respect and courtesy
Expect exceptional care during vaginal and cesarean births because Palomar Health holds Blue Distinction Center recognition for maternity services from BlueCross BlueShield and meets obstetrics quality standards set by BETA Healthcare Group. Read more.
Learn more about our awards and accreditations.
Your Baby's Birth Certificate
If your child was born at Palomar Health, visit San Diego County’s website to order your child’s birth certificate.
Call 858-613-4276 to learn more about our health care services.