It is the responsibility of Palomar Health’s Board Members to develop and ensure that the organization’s mission and vision statements are carried out in an effective and ethical manner. To that end, the member is accountable for oversight and implementation of policies and monitoring of the organization’s performance in establishment of strategic direction, financial stewardship, quality outcomes and leadership of the Healthcare District.
2023 Palomar Health Board Members
2023 Palomar Health Executive Team
- Regularly review and where appropriate, update, the mission and vision statements for the System and subsidiaries to ensure the needs of the citizens of the District are being met in accordance with its Charter.
- Approve a system-wide quality assurance plan and monitor the effectiveness of the organization in meeting targets of performance to insure the health, well-being and safety of those served.
- Work closely with Medical Staff and Administrative Leadership to insure that effective clinical care is being provided in the system’s facilities and that competency of Medical and Allied Health staff are assured on behalf of the citizens of the District.
- Review and approve all financial policies, plans and programs for the system and enhance the preservation of the organization’s assets and resources on behalf of the District.
- Review and approve a comprehensive strategic plan, consistent with the organization’s mission and vision that aligns the system’s financial, human resources, facilities, technology and quality plans.
- Advocate on behalf of the Healthcare District’s policies, programs and plans within the community served and with other constituency groups.
- Recruit, employ and evaluate the performance of the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with goals and objectives established on a short and long term basis with the CEO.
- Establish and implement ethical policies that minimize conflicts of interest and insure compliance with governmental, regulatory and other agency standards, laws and principles relative to excellent stewardship of the Public Healthcare District.
- Regularly evaluate the Board’s performance and the individual performance of each Board member to continually enhance the effective stewardship of the system.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
- Complete regular ethics and sexual harassment training. Current Board of Directors can access the Training Portal here.
- Interest and willingness to commit time and energy to completion of Board responsibilities and meeting requirements.
- Ability to work in a civil, ethical and collaborative manner with other members of the Board.
- Have an appreciation for group process, open-mindedness, respect for others and an ability to think objectively, logically and analytically.
- Have effective oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- A knowledge of health and medical care issues and a willingness to expand one’s knowledge through various educational opportunities.