Advanced Surgical Hip Treatments
The hip joint is one of the body’s largest weight-bearing joints. A healthy hip joint lets you walk, squat and turn without pain. With a damaged hip joint, the cartilage in the joint is worn down, causing severe pain and stiffness.
Palomar Health Leads the Region in Hip Replacement Surgery Expertise
Total hip replacement surgery, or hip arthroplasty, is one of the most common surgeries performed at the Palomar Health Orthopedic and Spine Center.
San Diego's Palomar Health Orthopedic and Spine Center offers the expertise and experience of sub-specialty trained orthopedic surgeons covering:
- Partial hip replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Minimally invasive hip approaches and hip resurfacing
Years of research has allowed the aligned surgeons of the Orthopedic and Spine Center to extended the lifetime use of the implants, while helping to speed up recovery and reducing post-operative discomfort.
What to Expect as a Hip Replacement Patient
As a leader in positive patient outcomes for total joint replacement, Palomar Health provides:
- State-of-the-art facilities with minimally-invasive surgery options
- Pre-operative educational classes to give you the tools you need throughout your journey
- Clinical support every step of the way, from pre-operative tests, hip surgery, therapy and home recovery
- A personalized hip replacement therapy plan, with customized recommendations from your surgeon
Your treatment will be tailored to best fit your unique condition and lifestyle, with every decision based on the latest evidence-based protocols. Patient education and total care coordination ensures that patients and their families are fully informed and that patient care is personalized, comprehensive and convenient.