Palomar Health Expresscare services are rendered by Certified Family Nurse Practitioners who work in collaboration with board certified family physicians affiliated with the health system. Palomar Health Expresscare services are available to patients two years of age and older.
The cost for of a typical visit is an insurance co-pay or $10-$169 for cash payers. Most services are an affordable flat fee of $72.00, although some vaccinations and health screening services are more or less than the standard fee.
Please note that all patients under the age of 18 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in order for care to be rendered. No exceptions will be made.
- Pregnant women always require a written note from their Obstetrician (physician)
- Parents should accompany minors, as always
- Only health plans which Expresscare is in network with (excluding Community Health Group and most HMO plans) cover the seasonal flu vaccine
Please note that the costs of common illnesses, skin conditions, screenings and/or physical exams do NOT include the cost of vaccines or durable medical equipment which are priced separately. Health plans typically do not cover weight loss services, but you may wish to check with your specific plan to verify eligibility for certain health conditions. The Expresscare clinician will provide you additional information regarding the cost of your visit as necessary. Please refer to the pricing information detailed below for more information.
Lab Draw Services:
Palomar Health Expresscare has once again responded to the community's needs and is pleased to offer convenient lab draw services 7 days a week. Convenient parking, convenient clinic access and rapid test results.
- No appointment necessary
- Please bring physician order sheet and follow any specific instructions such as fasting
- Most health plans accepted
- Self-pay options available
- Lab Draw Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday , 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday (centers are closed for lunch 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday).
Click here for a list of Our Services.
Other Useful Resources:
*Please call ahead for specific self-pay pricing information relative to lab draw services for self-pay patients. PPO and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) patients may access expresscare for lab draw services. MO patients should visit lab services contracted with their primary care providers.
Conditions requiring Emergency Department (ED) treatment and/or urgent care treatment which can NOT be treated at Palomar Health Expresscare include, but are NOT limited to:
- Broken bones
- Changes in mental status (confusion, unusual behavior, difficulty arousing)
- Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- Chronic pain
- Conditions requiring narcotics medications
- Congestive heart failure (elderly patient with shortness of breath)
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Deep cuts (including hand cuts and facial lacerations) requiring sutures
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, asthma (wheezing)
- Fever with neck pain
- Partial or total amputation of a limb
- Pregnancy complications
- Rectal bleeding
- Severe bleeding that can’t be stopped
- Severe headaches
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Speech difficulty
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or changes in vision
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings
- Testicular pain or penile discharge
- Trauma or injury to the head, neck or spine
- Unilateral leg swelling
- Vaginal bleeding
Do you have questions about Palomar Health Expresscare Health Centers in North San Diego County? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, a list of Our Services, or Contact Us for more information.