Difficulty communicating with others can be frustrating. Palomar Health speech therapy makes effective communication accessible and achievable for patients and those who care for them.
Our speech therapy services offer advanced technology and diagnostic testing for voice, communication, and swallowing disorders in both adults and children.
Adults who may benefit from speech therapy include those with:
• Difficulty understanding and/or expressing ideas when speaking, reading and/or writing (aphasia)
• Unintelligible speech (dysarthria or apraxia)
• Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
• Difficulties with memory, orientation, perceptual motor tasks, time and space concepts, or problem solving
Children who may benefit from speech therapy include those with:
• Developmental speech and language delay
• Autism spectrum disorders
• Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
• Cerebral palsy
• Traumatic brain injury
• Need for augmentative communication devices due to irreversible nonverbal conditions
• Need for early intervention, including high-risk infants age 0 –3 years
We involve family members and caregivers from the beginning to ensure optimal progress. Bilingual therapists are available.
Do you have questions about Rehabilitation Services at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? Visit Our Services for more information or Contact Us.