Stroke Center of Excellence
Palomar Medical Center Escondido and Palomar Medical Center Poway are nationally recognized by the Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers and have been since 2009. Our clinical teams specialize in the most advanced stroke care as recognized by the Joint Commission. Our expertise means treating patients quickly to prevent further damage caused by a stroke.
For patients experiencing a stroke, it is critical for to act quickly. Stroke is a medical emergency and can only be treated at the hospital. It is important to understand the warning signs and symptoms of a stroke so that you or a loved one can act quickly.
Warning Signs and Symptoms of a Stroke
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on side
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause