In order to be eligible to participate as an Intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of your interview (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- 15-months of availability to participate (6 months for Level I High School Internship)
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transportation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $75 on-boarding fee (if accepted)
The 2016 D Application Cycle for the
Pathmaker Internship is now
if you have any questions
Interview/On-boarding Timeline for 2016 D
Here are the important milestones you should be aware of for the 2016 D Application and On-boarding Cycle:
2016 D Application Cycle Opens until July 30th
Interviews Occur August 13th through September 4th
Acceptance Notifications SENT by Saturday, September 10th
The On-boarding process will begin once the acceptance notifications are sent and will continue through November 2016.
Orientation Day: October 15th
Skills Days: October 22nd and 23rd
Department-Specific Orientation & Training: November
Official Start Date (if cleared): December 1st, 2016 through February 28th, 2017
If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
Availability for the first rotation: Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation. This means that you will not be eligible for any leave from the internship of more than 14 days until you have successfully completed the 2016 D rotation. You should only anticipate applying to the 2016 D cohort if you can meet all of the eligibility requirements.
2016 D Application Process:
Step 1: Click HERE to download the 2016 D Interview Checklist
Step 2: Click HERE to download the 2016 D Program Requirements Packet
Step 3: Download the appropriate 2016 D Pathmaker Application below:
• Click HERE to download the Internship Application for the Pathmaker Level I (High School) Internship
• Click HERE to download the Internship Application for the Pathmaker Level II (College/Adult) and Level III (Medical Interpreting)
Supporting materials (resume, cover letter, etc.) are currently not required with the application. Please make sure that you download the current application, as older applications will NOT be accepted.
Please make the subject line of your email "Last Name, First Name—Application"
2016 D Interview Timeline:
Completed applications accepted before July 15th at 5:00 p.m.
Reference Survey sent to Academic / Professional References on July 16th
Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on July 22nd by 5:00 p.m.
Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on July 24th
Completed applications accepted between July 15th at 5:01 p.m. and July 22nd at 5:00 p.m.
Reference Survey sent to Academic / Professional References on July 23rd
Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on July 29th by 5:00 p.m.
Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on July 31st
Completed applications accepted between July 22nd at 5:01 p.m. and July 29th at 5:00 p.m.
Reference Survey sent to Academic / Professional References on July 30th
Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on August 5th by 5:00 p.m.
Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on August 7th
**Interviews for the Internship are held quarterly. Due to the large number of interested applicants, not all those who submit an application will be invited to interview or accepted into the internship.
Important Information for Applicants:
· *If you are interested in the Medical Interpreting Program, please follow the application procedures and, if invited, sign up for a Level III interview and download the appropriate application form.
· Interns are accepted and onboarded every three months, with start dates of September 1st, December 1st, March 1st and June 1st. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1st)
· For any additional information or questions, please contact the Pathmaker Internship at Palomar Health: 442.281.3232 or email PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org.