In order to be eligible to participate as an Intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of your interview (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- 15-months of availability to participate (6 months for Level I High School Internship)
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transportation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $100 on-boarding fee (if accepted)
Interview/Onboarding Timeline for 2017 C:
Here are the important milestones you should be aware of for the 2017 C Application and Onboarding Cycle:
- 2017 C Application Cycle Opens April
- Interviews Occur: May through June
- Acceptance notifications SENT by Saturday, June 10th
The Onboarding process will begin once the acceptance notifications are sent and will continue through August 2017.
- Orientation Day: July
- Skills Days: July
- Department Specific Orientation & Training: August
- 2017 C Rotation: September 1st, 2017 through November 30th, 2017
If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
Availability for the first rotation: Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2017 B, you should only anticipate applying if you plan to be available for the Onboarding and Orientation dates above, and weekly from September 1st through November 30th, 2017.
Important Information for Applicants:
- Interns are accepted and onboarded every three months, with start dates of September 1st, December 1st, March 1st and June 1st. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1st)
- For any additional information or questions, please contact us at Pathmaker Internship at Palomar Health: 442.281.3232 or email PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org