In order to be eligible to participate as an Intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of your interview (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- One year of availablility to participate (6 months for Level I High School Internship)
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transporation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $75 on-boarding fee (if accepted)
The Application Cycle for the
2015 D Pathmaker Internship Application Cycle is now
Interview/On-boarding Timeline for 2015 D:
Here are the important milestones you should be aware of for the 2015 D Application and On-boarding Cycle:
- 2015 D Application Cycle Opens: Mid-Late July 2015
- Interviews Occur: August - September 2015
- Acceptance Notifications SENT by: Sunday, September 13th, 2015
The On-boarding process will begin once the acceptance notifications are sent and will continue through November 2015.
- Orientation Module 1 Session: Saturday, October 17th, 2015
- Orientation Module 2 & 3 Sessions: Saturday, October 24th, 2015 and Sunday, October 25th, 2015
- Department-Specific Orientation & Training: November 2015
- Official Start Date (if cleared): December 1st, 2015
The session dates are approximate and may change once conditional acceptances have gone out. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
Availability for the first rotation: Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2015 D, you should only anticipate applying if you plan to be available for the On-boarding & Orientation dates above, and weekly from December 1st to February 29th, 2016.
Step 1: Download the Program Requirements Packet and Appropriate Application Form
In order to be prepared for the upcoming On-boarding process, you must review the 2015 D Pathmaker Internship Program Requirements Packet. You will be responsible for this information and will need to sign off on your application that you have read and understood the content included in the packet
You will want to save a copy of this packet for reference during your application cycle.
The Program Requirements Packet is attached to the Application Form.
Step 2: Schedule an Interview Appointment
Interviews for the Internship are held quarterly. Due to the large number of interested applicants, not all those who interview will be accepted to the internship.
- Follow THIS LINK to schedule an interview appointment online
- Interviews are held quarterly, if you are unable to find an available interview time, please email PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org to contact our Recruitment Team about possible waitlist opportunities
- Interviews will be conducted at Palomar Health's Learning and Development Center (418 E Grand Ave, Escondido CA, 92025)
Important Information for Applicants:
- Applicants arriving to their interview without an application or with an incomplete application will be asked to re-schedule. Applications should be typed using ONLY the current application form above (Re-Applicants and Former Interns must submit a new application for this interview cycle)
- *If you are interested in the Medical Interpreting Program, please sign up for a Level III interview and download the appropriate application form.
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of September 1st, December 1st, March 1st and June 1st. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1st)
- Prior to each interview cycle, a small number of Interview Readiness Workshops are held to help prepare those applicants who have not had extensive previous experience with professional interviews before. These dates and times will be sent out to all applicants within their interview confirmation emails. Please contact our Recruitment Team for more details.