In order to be eligible to participate as an Intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of your interview (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- 15-months of availability to participate (6 months for Level I High School Internship)
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transportation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $75 on-boarding fee (if accepted)
The 2016 C Application Cycle for the
Pathmaker Internship is now
if you have any questions
Interview/On-boarding Timeline for 2016 C
Here are the important milestones you should be aware of for the 2016 C Application and On-boarding Cycle:
- 2016 C Application Cycle Opens: April 13 through May 6
- Interviews Occur: May 15 through June 5
- Acceptance Notifications SENT by: Saturday, June 4
The On-boarding process will begin once the acceptance notifications are sent and will continue through August 2016.
- Orientation: July 16
- Skills Days: July 23 and 24
- Department-Specific Orientation & Training: August
- Official Start Date (if cleared): September 1
The session dates are approximate and may change once conditional acceptances have gone out. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
Availability for the first rotation: Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2016 C, you should only anticipate applying if you plan to be available for the On-boarding and Orientation dates above, and weekly from September 1 to November 30, 2016.
2016C Application Procedure
Step 1: Click HERE to download the 2016 C Interview Checklist
Step 2: Click HERE to download the 2016 C Program Requirements Packet
Step 3: Download the appropriate 2016 C Pathmaker Application below:
- Click HERE to download the Internship Application for the Pathmaker Level I (High School) Internship
- Click HERE to download the Internship Application for the Pathmaker Level II (College/Adult) and Level III (Medical Interpreting)
Supporting materials (resume, cover letter, etc.) are currently not required with the application. Please make sure that you download the current application, as older applications will NOT be accepted.
Step 4: Email your COMPLETED application to PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org.
Please make the subject of your email “Last Name, First Name—Application”
2016 C Interview Timeline:
- Completed applications accepted before April 22 at 5:00 p.m.
- Reference Survey sent to Academic/ Professional References on April 23
- Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on April 29 by 5:00 p.m.
- Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on May 1
- Completed applications accepted between April 22 at 5:01 p.m. and April 29 at 5:00 p.m.
- Reference Survey sent to Academic/ Professional References on April 30
- Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on May 6 by 5:00 p.m.
- Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on May 8
- Completed applications accepted between April 29 at 5:01 p.m. and May 6 at 5:00 p.m.
- Reference Survey sent to Academic/ Professional References on May 7
- Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on May 13 by 5:00 p.m.
- Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on May 15
**Interviews for the Internship are held quarterly. Due to the large number of interested applicants, not all those who submit an application will be invited to interview or accepted into the internship.
Important Information for Applicants
- *If you are interested in the Medical Interpreting Program, please follow the application procedures and, if invited, sign up for a Level III interview and download the appropriate application form.
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of September 1, December 1, March 1 and June 1. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1)
- For any additional information or questions, please contact the Pathmaker Internship at Palomar Health: 442.281.3232 or email PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org.