In order to be eligible to participate as an Intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of your interview (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- 15-months of availability to participate (6 months for Level I High School Internship)
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transportation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $75 on-boarding fee (if accepted)
The 2016 C Application Cycle for the
Pathmaker Internship is now
Please visit our site in July for information regarding the 2016 D Application Cycle
if you have any questions
Interview/On-boarding Timeline for 2016 D
Here are the important milestones you should be aware of for the 2016 D Application and On-boarding Cycle:
- 2016 D Application Cycle Opens: July
- Interviews Occur: August through September
- Acceptance Notifications SENT by: TBD
The On-boarding process will begin once the acceptance notifications are sent and will continue through November 2016.
- Orientation: TBD
- Skills Days: TBD
- Department-Specific Orientation & Training: TBD
- Official Start Date (if cleared): December 1
The session dates are approximate and may change once conditional acceptances have gone out. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
Availability for the first rotation: Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2016 D, you should only anticipate applying if you plan to be available for the On-boarding and Orientation dates above, and weekly from December 1 to February 28, 2016.
Important Information for Applicants
- *If you are interested in the Medical Interpreting Program, please follow the application procedures and, if invited, sign up for a Level III interview and download the appropriate application form.
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of September 1, December 1, March 1 and June 1. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1)
- For any additional information or questions, please contact the Pathmaker Internship at Palomar Health: 442.281.3232 or email PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org.