In order to be eligible to participate as an Intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of your interview (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- One year of availablility to participate (6 months for Level I High School Internship)
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transporation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $75 on-boarding fee (if accepted)
The Application Cycle for the Pathmaker Internship is now
Please visit mid-late October for information regarding the 2016 A Application Cycle
Interview/On-boarding Timeline for 2016 A:
Here are the important milestones you should be aware of for the 2016 A Application and On-boarding Cycle:
- 2016 A Application Cycle Opens: Mid-Late October 2015
- Interviews Occur: November - December 2015
- Acceptance Notifications SENT by: TBD
The On-boarding process will begin once the acceptance notifications are sent and will continue through February 2016.
- Orientation Module 1 Session: TBD - January 2016
- Orientation Module 2 & 3 Sessions: TBD - January 2016
- Department-Specific Orientation & Training: February 2016
- Official Start Date (if cleared): March 1st, 2016
The session dates are approximate and may change once conditional acceptances have gone out. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
Availability for the first rotation: Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2016 A, you should only anticipate applying if you plan to be available for the On-boarding & Orientation dates above, and weekly from March 1st to May 31st, 2016.
Step 1: Download the Program Requirements Packet and Appropriate Application Form
In order to be prepared for the upcoming On-boarding process, you must review the 2016 A Pathmaker Internship Program Requirements Packet. You will be responsible for this information and will need to sign off on your application that you have read and understood the content included in the packet
You will want to save a copy of this packet for reference during your application cycle.
The Program Requirements Packet is attached to the Application Form.
Step 2: Schedule an Interview Appointment
Interviews for the Internship are held quarterly. Due to the large number of interested applicants, not all those who interview will be accepted to the internship.
- Follow THIS LINK to schedule an interview appointment online (Link becomes active October 2015)
- Interviews are held quarterly, if you are unable to find an available interview time, please email PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org to contact our Recruitment Team about possible waitlist opportunities
- Interviews will be conducted at Palomar Health's Learning and Development Center (418 E Grand Ave, Escondido CA, 92025)
Important Information for Applicants:
- Applicants arriving to their interview without an application or with an incomplete application will be asked to re-schedule. Applications should be typed using ONLY the current application form above (Re-Applicants and Former Interns must submit a new application for this interview cycle)
- *If you are interested in the Medical Interpreting Program, please sign up for a Level III interview and download the appropriate application form.
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of September 1st, December 1st, March 1st and June 1st. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1st)
- Prior to each interview cycle, a small number of Interview Readiness Workshops are held to help prepare those applicants who have not had extensive previous experience with professional interviews before. These dates and times will be sent out to all applicants within their interview confirmation emails. Please contact our Recruitment Team for more details.