In order to be eligible to participate as an Intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of your interview (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- 15 months of availablility to participate (6 months for Level I High School Internship)
- Valid Social Security Number and can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transporation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $75 on-boarding fee (if accepted)
The 2016 B Application Cycle for the
Pathmaker Internship is now
Interview/On-boarding Timeline for 2016 B
Here are the important milestones you should be aware of for the 2016 B Application and On-boarding Cycle:
- 2016 B Application Cycle Opens: Mid-Late January
- Interviews Occur: February 21 - March 6
- Acceptance Notifications SENT by: Sunday, March 13
The On-boarding process will begin once the acceptance notifications are sent and will continue through May 2016.
- Orientation Module 1 Session: April 16
- Orientation Module 2 & 3 Sessions: April 23 and 24
- Department-Specific Orientation & Training: May
- Official Start Date (if cleared): June 1
The session dates are approximate and may change once conditional acceptances have gone out. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
Availability for the first rotation: Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2016 B, you should only anticipate applying if you plan to be available for the On-boarding and Orientation dates above, and weekly from June 1 to August 31, 2016.
2016B Application Procedure
Step 1: Click HERE to download the Interview Checklist
Step 2: Click HERE to download the Program Requirements Packet
Step 3: Download the appropriate Internship Application Form below:
- Click HERE to download the Internship Application for the Pathmaker Level I (High School) Internship
- Click HERE to download the Internship Application for the Pathmaker Level II (College/Adult) and Level III (Medical Interpreting)
Supporting materials (resume, cover letter, etc.) are currently not required with the application. Please make sure that you download the current application, as older applications will NOT be accepted.
Step 4: Email your COMPLETED application to
2016 B Interview Timeline
- Completed applications accepted between January 14 at 5:00 p.m. and January 29 at 5:00 p.m.
- Reference Survey sent to applicants for distribution to their Academic/ Professional References on January 30
- Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on February 5 by 5:00 p.m.
- Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on February 7
- Completed applications accepted between January 29 at 5:00 p.m. and February 5 at 5:00 p.m.
- Reference Survey sent to applicants for distribution to their Academic/ Professional References on February 6
- Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on February 12 by 5:00 p.m.
- Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on February 14
- Completed applications accepted between February 5 at 5:00 p.m. and February 12 at 5:00 p.m.
- Supplemental Reference Survey sent to applicants for distribution to their Academic/ Professional References on February 13 at midnight
- Supplemental Reference Survey must be completed by BOTH references on February 19 by 5:00 p.m.
- Invitations to interview sent out to applicants on February 21
**Interviews for the Internship are held quarterly. Due to the large number of interested applicants, not all those who submit an application will be invited to interview or accepted to the internship.
Important Information for Applicants
- If you are interested in the Medical Interpreting Program, please follow the application procedures and, if invited, sign up for a Level III interview and download the appropriate application form.
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of September 1, December 1, March 1 and June 1. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1)
- For any additional information or questions, please contact the Pathmaker Internship at Palomar Health: 442.281.3232 or email PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org.