New Employee Orientation (NEO)
When: NEO is scheduled on Mondays unless otherwise noted.
Time: NEO begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m.
Where: Your NEO session will be held virtually. You will receive the access information with your official clearance email.
Things to know:
- You must connect to your virtual NEO session by 8:30 am. If you are more than 15 minutes late without contacting Human Resources to let someone know, you will be asked to reschedule. Contact information is provided below.
- If you do not receive your ID badge and parking sticker during your clearance appointment, you will need to visit a security office prior to starting your first shift
- You must attend NEO before you begin work with Palomar Health. If you need to reschedule your Orientation date, please contact our Talent Acquisition Coordinator. Contact information is provided below.
- You will be paid for NEO. A lunch break will be provided.
- New employees in union positions will receive introduction information directly from your Union Representatives
- Dress code for the orientation is Business Casual. Additional meeting etiquette and GoToMeeting tips are available here, and should be reviewed prior to your scheduled NEO date.
Nursing Services Orientation (NSO)
If applicable to your position
When: Nursing Services Orientation dates vary and will be scheduled at the time of your offer.
Time: Nursing Services Orientation begins promptly at 8 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m.
Where: Nursing Services Orientation is located at the Palomar Health Learning Center located at 418 East Grand Avenue, Escondido, CA 92025. Upon arrival you will be directed to the appropriate classroom.
Things to know:
- Nursing Services Orientation is a 4-day orientation. Depending on your position, you may or may not be required on all 4 days. This will be discussed at the time of your offer.
- During Nursing Services Orientation, you will learn the different hospital systems including Cerner, Electronic Medical Record system, nursing policies and procedures, etc.