Respiratory Protection Program
Palomar Corporate Health can help you comply with OSHA standards, whether you need respirator medical evaluation questionnaire reviews or Hazmat exam/pulmonary function screening with subsequent qualitative fit testing.
Does Your Business Comply with OSHA Respirator Standards? We Can Help.
- Our occupational health providers are knowledgeable in OSHA respirator protection (1910.134), hazardous waste/emergency response (1910.120), chromium VI, asbestos, silica and other toxic standards and perform under the supervision of board-certified occupational health physicians
- Service capabilities range from respirator medical evaluation questionnaire review to Hazmat exam/pulmonary function screening with subsequent qualitative fit testing.
- 1910.134 allows our examiners to give employee respirator clearance with review of an easy-to-implement OSHA respirator medical evaluation questionnaire.
- For younger, healthier individuals, examiners will provide multi-year respirator clearance as appropriate.
- Employees with potential heart or lung concerns may require examination and if needed, pulmonary function testing. Clearance can be multi-year, dependent on age, respirator type, medical condition and work exposures.
- 1910.120 requires an exam: Hazmat exams can include basic functional screening to verify employee capability to manage rescue responsibilities, dependent on employee responsibilities.
- Hazmat exams are available to meet your medical surveillance needs for more stringent toxics' standards.
On-Site or In-Clinic Service Availability
- Respirator medical evaluation questionnaire is done via mail.
- All other services are done in clinic or at your company site when volume is high, including:
- Basic respirator exams for dust, half face, PAPR and supplied air respirator users.
- Extended respirator medical exams for full face respirator and some SCBA users.
- Hazmat exams for SCBA users with potential for select toxic exposure or rescue responsibilities.
- Pulmonary Function Testing/Spirometry by NIOSH certified technicians.
- Fit testing.
**On-Site Respirator Medical Clearance Services Available