Palomar Corporate Health Services - Workforce Wellness
Most employers are painfully aware that health care costs are out of control. This places an ever increasing burden on an organizations bottom line. Workers compensation claims continue to have a dramatic impact on organizations. California employers annually spend over 1 billion for medical and legal fees. Some of the statistics compiled by the National Commission on Productivity are:
In the workplace:
- Only 2 out of 10 people are working at their full potential.
- Half of the workforce expends only the minimum effort needed to not get fired.
- Research indicates 60 % to 90 % of all visits to health care professionals are for preventable disorders.
The cost to employers:
- US health care has exceeded $1 trillion annually and businesses pay approximately 54% of this cost.
- Absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover, accidents, etc, cost American business more than the annual total net profits of the Fortune 500 companies.
- US industry loses approximately 550 million workdays each year due to absenteeism.
Imagine if by helping employees help themselves we can decrease absenteeism, and stress while increasing a person’s health and productivity. What would that mean to your company and to your company’s bottom line?
Workforce Wellness Benefits
The mission of Workforce Wellness is to positively transform employees' lives through superior education, motivation, and accountability. We have found that it takes multiple exposure of information along with holding employees accountable for lasting change to take place. This process is accomplished in a motivating and fun environment. Once the specific challenges a company is facing are identified, specific programs can then be implemented to create lasting change.
Numerous studies have shown that companies that support wellness programs are rewarded with significant returns for their investment dollar. Some specific benefits are:
- Decreased health care costs and stress related illnesses
- Improved employee retention
- Improved employee morale
- Reduced absenteeism
Palomar Corporate Health Services offers a variety of wellness related programs designed to positively affect the employee both while at work and while away from the company. Listed below is a menu of programs that can be tailored specifically to your organization, including:
- On-site Screening Programs (blood pressure, wellness biometrics, diabetes, cholesterol, etc.)
- Educational Lunch and Learn Programs
- Employee Health Fairs
- Safety Seminars
- Immunization Clinics
- Health Surveillance Screening
Do you have question about Palomar Corporate Health Services at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? Visit Our Services for more information, Contact Us or Find our Location(s).