First 5 First Steps
Palomar Health North Region First 5 First Steps Home Visiting Program (First Steps) is a no-cost program for expectant parents and their families. First Steps helps children to grow up healthy and ready to succeed in school. Services begin prenatally and are ongoing until the child is 3 years old.
First Steps strengthens child and family relationships through support, education, and connections to helpful resources such as: medical providers; behavioral, developmental and speech specialists for children; food and housing, and much more. First Steps provides:
- Support during pregnancy and with your new baby
- Preparation for delivery and bringing baby home
- Education about how to support your baby’s growth and development through play
- Skills to strengthen family relationships
- Help coping with the challenges of parenting
- Connections to helpful resources
Established countywide in July 2013, the First 5 First Steps Program is funded by the First 5 Commission of San Diego. For more information about the North Region First Steps program, call (760) 739-3261, or visit us at www.firststepssd.com.