Palomar Health Laboratory Services
Palomar Health Laboratories are full-service facilities offering comprehensive clinical and anatomic pathology testing to the community we serve. We have 30,000 square feet of laboratory space equipped with state-of- the-art instrumentation, positive patient identification, and patient centric culture providing high quality and most efficient services.
Our laboratories at Palomar Medical Center, Pomerado Hospital, and Palomar Health Enterprise, are accredited by the College of American Pathologist, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and State of California Department of Health Services.
Palomar Health Laboratory Service’s mission is to provide the highest quality laboratory services to the community through excellence in laboratory testing, exceptional attention to our customers, and employee education.
Palomar Health Laboratory will be the industry model, regional leader and a positive force for a healthier community. Our vision will be a reality with the support and dedication of our leaders and staff.
Over 200 lab employees accomplish these mission and vision by:
- Providing a menu of more than 400 procedures in clinical laboratory testing and anatomic pathology services.
- Performing 95% of all testing on-site.
- Providing an extensive STAT test list including hormones and drug levels.
- Reporting critical values 24 hours a day in accordance with federal regulations.
- Maintaining a laboratory operation where testing is performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, resulting in the best turnaround times in the area.
- Maintaining close relationships with Palomar Health Emergency Room, Cardiology, Pulmonary, and Infectious Disease departments to meet or exceed specific tests needs and turnaround times.
- Partnering with ARUP Laboratories and other reference laboratories to provide the most current, up-to-date esoteric test services.
- Offering expertise in clinical diagnostic and anatomic pathology consultation.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art technologically advanced diagnostic techniques and instrumentation.
- Participating in the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and other proficiency testing programs for every reported analytes.
- Constant Quality Assurance monitoring, with a focus on continual improvement and in combination with our internal and external customer needs. The Palomar Health Laboratory internal quality assurance program evaluates daily laboratory performance from specimen collection, courier pick-up, specimen processing to testing and result reporting.
- Providing Four Draw Stations for outpatient sample collection and drop off
- Providing Outreach services to numerous Skilled Nursing Facilities around the San Diego County
- Monitoring customer satisfaction scores and patient wait time monthly
About Laboratory Services
More than 300 local physicians, clinics and healthcare facilities use Palomar Health labs for their Clinical and Anatomical laboratory service needs. Palomar Health labs also provides phlebotomy services for several local long-term care and skilled nursing facilities.
Palomar Health Draw Station Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday (7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- PMC Escondido, Lobby Level, 2185 Citracado Parkway, Escondido, CA, 92029
- Outpatient Center Escondido (Suite 105),2125 Citracado Pkwy, Esco. CA, 92029
Monday – Friday (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Pomerado Outpatient Pavilion (POP), 15611 Pomerado Road, Poway, CA 92064
Monday – Friday (7 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Arch Health Medical Group, 211 13th Street, Ramona, CA 92065
- For PH Lab Draw Station appointment, call Lab Client Services at (442) 281-1610
Draw Stations will BE CLOSED on Weekends at all locations until further notice.
If you would like to schedule an appointment for laboratory testing, please call our Appointment Line: (442) 281-1610 Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.