Palomar Health Laboratory Services
Palomar Health Laboratory Services consists of two hospital-based laboratories located at Palomar Medical Center Escondido and Palomar Medical Center Poway. Palomar Health labs process approximately 1500 specimens of blood, body fluid, and tissue biopsies per day for hospital patients, outpatients and physician offices. Our service area
encompasses more than 800 square miles including all of North Inland San Diego County, La Jolla, Carlsbad, Encinitas and Vista.
More than 300 local physicians, clinics and healthcare facilities use Palomar Health labs for their Clinical and Anatomical laboratory service needs. Palomar Health labs also provide phlebotomy services for several local long-term care and skilled nursing facilities.
Palomar Health Laboratory Service’s mission is to provide the highest quality laboratory services to the community through excellence in laboratory testing, exceptional attention to our customers, and employee education. Our 200 employees accomplish this mission by:
- Providing a menu of more than 400 procedures in clinical laboratory testing and anatomic pathology services.
- Performing 95% of all testing on-site.
- Providing an extensive STAT test list including hormones and drug levels.
- Reporting critical values 24 hours a day in accordance with federal regulations.
- Maintaining a laboratory operation where testing is performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, resulting in the best turnaround times in the area.
- Maintaining close relationships with Palomar Health Emergency Room, Cardiology, Pulmonary, and Infectious Disease departments to meet or exceed specific tests needs and turnaround times.
- Partnering with Quest Laboratories and other reference laboratories to provide the most current, up-to-date esoteric test services.
- Offering expertise in clinical diagnostic and anatomic pathology consultation.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art technologically advanced diagnostic techniques and instrumentation.
- Participating in the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and other proficiency testing programs for every reported analyte.
- Constant Quality Assurance monitoring, with a focus on continual improvement and in combination with our internal and external customer needs. The Palomar Health Laboratory internal quality assurance program evaluates daily laboratory performance from specimen collection and courier pick-up to result reporting.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction scores and patient wait time monthly.
If you would like to schedule an appointment for laboratory testing, please call our Appointment Line: (442) 281-1610 Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.