The 2022 C Application Cycle for the Pathmaker Internship is now
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all application and onboarding deadlines are subject to change based on federal, state, and local COVID-19 regulations and guidance. We will post updated information on this webpage if any changes must be made during 2022 D application cycle. Thank you for your flexibility during these evolving times.
High Schoolers: We Are Back!
The Pathmaker Internship is in the process of reimplementing our Level I High School Internship.
Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience, connect with peers, network with professionals, and more? Apply to our Palomar Health's Pathmaker Internship Level I Program! We provide high school-aged students with opportunities to explore diverse career paths in healthcare.
Our Level I Internship application cycle opens on July 1st, 2022 for high school students 16 years or older. If you are interested in learning more about our program, join us at our virtual information session. No sign up is required.
Saturday, May 21st from 10am – 10:30am
Admissions Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible to participate as an intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old before starting the application process (16 for Level I High School Internship)
- 15 months of availability to participate on an on-site, hands-on internship
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transportation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $100 onboarding fee (upon acceptance)
Interview/Onboarding Timeline for 2022 D:
Before applying, here are the important dates you should be available for. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
The following dates listed below are subject to change based on federal, state, and local guidelines for public gatherings.
- Application Opens: July 1st, 2022
- Virtual Interviews Occur: Mid-August 2022 to early September 2022
- Acceptance Notifications Sent By: Saturday, September 3rd, 2022
- Orientation Events (*In-person): October 2022
- Skills Days (*In-person): October, 2022
- Department Specific Orientation & Training: November 2022
- 2022 D Rotation: December 1st, 2022 through February 28th, 2023
*Onboarding dates for in-person events may not be confirmed until two weeks prior. Please plan to be available the month of October to be present at these events.
Availability for the First Rotation:
- Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2022 D, you should anticipate applying only if you plan to be available for the onboarding dates above, and on a weekly basis from December 1st, 2022 through February 28th, 2023.
Important Information for Applicants:
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, and December 1st. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in August/September, you will be starting December 1st)
- For any additional information, please contact us at PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org
||Official Start Date
||Mid November –
|January – February
||Mid February – Early March
||April – May
||Mid May –
|July – August
||Mid August –
|October – November