The 2023 A Application Cycle for the Pathmaker Internship is set to OPEN on
October 1, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all application and onboarding deadlines are subject to change based on federal, state, and local COVID-19 regulations and guidance. We will post updated information on this webpage if any changes must be made during 2023 A application cycle. Thank you for your flexibility during these evolving times.
- The application window will be open until October 21, or when the required number of highly qualified applicants is reached. As a result, the application window may close sooner than the allotted 3 weeks.
- All interviews will be conducted virtually, which requires that applicants have access to a laptop/desktop with a working camera, microphone, and reliable internet connection. Cellphones and tablets do not have the capability for our interview process.
Admissions Eligibility Criteria:
You must meet the following minimum requirements to participate as an intern:
- Must be at least 18 years old before starting the application process (16 years old for the Level I High School Internship)
- 15 months of availability to participate in an on-site, hands-on internship
- Valid Social Security Number & can pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transportation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $100 onboarding fee (upon acceptance)
Interview/Onboarding Timeline for 2023 A:
Before applying, here are the important dates for which you should be available. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
The following dates listed below are subject to change based on federal, state, and local guidelines for public gatherings.
- Application Opens: October 1, 2022
- Virtual Interviews Occur: November 2022
- Acceptance Notifications Sent By: Saturday, December 3, 2022
- In-person Onboarding Events: throughout the month of January 2023*
- In-person Skills Days: January 28 and 29, 2023*
- Department Specific Training: throughout the month of February 2023*
- 2023 A Rotation: March 1, 2023 through May 31, 2023
*Onboarding dates for in-person events may not be confirmed until two weeks prior. Please plan to be available for the entire specified month to be present at these events.
Availability for the First Rotation:
Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2023 A, you should anticipate applying only if you plan to be available for the onboarding dates above, and on a weekly basis from March 1, 2023 through May 31, 2023.
2023 A Application Process:
Ready to apply? Here’s what you’ll need to do next:
Pre-requisite: Click HERE to download the Program Requirements Packet
Get Started: Click HERE to set up your online profile and apply in 3 easy steps:
- Check Your Eligibility Status
- Complete Your Application
- Submit two (2) references (professional and/or academic)
- Fill out your personal information
- Complete essays
- Remember to click “Submit”
- Schedule Your Virtual Interview
- Submit the Interview Availability Form
- Upload a professional headshot photo
Important Information for Applicants
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place around those times will be for the NEXT cycle (e.g. if you interview in August/September, you will be starting December 1)
- For any additional information, please contact us at PathmakerInfo@PalomarHealth.org
||Official Start Date
||Mid November –
|January – February
||Mid February – Early March
||April – May
||Mid May –
|July – August
||Mid August –
|October – November