The application process for the
Pathmaker Internship is now
We appreciate your flexibility during these evolving times. We will post updated information on this webpage if any changes must be made during this application cycle.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Pathmaker Internship has made the following changes to recruitment requirements and processes for the 2020 D Application Cycle:
- We are not offering any Level I (High School Internship) placements during the 2020 D Application Cycle.
- All application and onboarding dates and deadlines are subject to change based on federal, state, and local COVID-19 regulations and guidance.
- The application window will be open until the required number of highly qualified applicants is reached. As a result, the application window may close sooner than the allotted 2 weeks.
- All interviews will be conducted virtually, which requires that applicants have access to a device with a working camera, microphone, and reliable internet connection.
Admissions Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible to participate as an intern, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old before starting the application process
- 15 months of availability to participate
- Valid Social Security Number & ability to pass background check
- Speak and read English fluently
- Daily access to email
- Reliable transportation to and from Escondido and Poway
- One-time, non-refundable $100 onboarding fee (upon acceptance)
Interview/Onboarding Timeline for 2020 D:
Before applying, here are the important dates you should be available for. If you know you will be unavailable for these dates (out of town, in school, etc.), it is recommended that you delay applying until you are able to make the required dates.
The following dates listed below are subject to change based on federal, state, and local guidelines for public gatherings.
- Application Opens: July 7th, 2020
- Interviews Occur: second half of August
- Acceptance Notifications Sent By: Saturday, September 5th
- Orientation Events: October
- Skills Days: October
- Department Specific Orientation & Training: November
- 2020 D Rotation: December 1st, 2020 through February 28th, 2021
Availability for the first rotation:
Please note, as a new intern you will be expected to serve one 4-hour shift per week
for the course of your first rotation without a gap between shifts of more than 14 days. This means that for 2020 D, you should anticipate applying only if you plan to be available for the onboarding dates above, and on a weekly basis from December 1st
, 2020 through February 28th
2020 D Application Process:
Ready to apply? Here’s what you’ll need to do next:
Pre-requisite: Click HERE
to download the Program Requirements Packet
Get Started: Click HERE
to set up your online profile and apply in 3 easy steps:
- Check Your Eligibility Status
- Complete Your Application
- Submit two (2) references (professional and/or academic)
- Fill out your personal information
- Complete essays
- Remember to click “submit”!
- Schedule Your Interview
- Submit the Interview Availability Form
- Upload a professional headshot photo
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, we encourage you to make sure your recommendations and application are submitted as early as possible to increase your chances to be considered for the internship.
- References must complete an online survey on your behalf during the open application period by 5:00pm on 07/20/2020
- Your application must be formally submitted during the open application period by 5:00pm on 07/21/2020
Important Information for Applicants:
- Interns are accepted and on-boarded every three months, with start dates of March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, and December 1st. Please note that interviews scheduled to take place three months prior to the start of your clinical rotation cycle (e.g. if you interview in September, you will be starting December 1st)
- For any additional information, please contact us at PathmakerInfo@palomarhealth.org
Official Start Date
||mid August – late August
||October – November
||December 1st, 2020
||mid November – early December
||January – February
||March 1st, 2021
||mid February – early March
||April – May
||June 1st, 2021
||mid May– early June
||July – August
||September 1st, 2021