To heal, comfort, and promote health in the communities we serve.
To improve patient outcomes by providing compassionate care through medication management, education, and collaboration with our patients and professional colleagues.
What does this Vision mean?
Pharmaceutical care will positively influence the patient-centered services of Palomar Health.
- The care will be delivered by professional and technical pharmacy staff members who accept accountability and responsibility for distributive services and clinical activities.
- The distributive pharmaceutical services will be technology-based and technician-centric. It will be supported by drug distribution systems designed to promote efficiency and ensure patient safety.
- The clinical services will be led by board-certified pharmacotherapy specialists.
- The pharmacists will maintain a distinguished level of performance and expertise through outcome-centered practice by developing and sustaining clinical knowledge systems.
- Pharmacy will engage in collaborative practice with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to produce distinguished patient care.
The elements for creating a Center of Excellence in Pharmacy Practice at Palomar Health are:
- advanced technology
- clinical research
- educational programs for pharmacists, technicians, pharmacy students and pharmacy residents
- relevant professional practice experience
- professional mastery
- incentives for continuous growth and contribution by all Pharmacy staff
- resource support from the organization
- sufficient breadth and volume of work
- appropriate staff size as set by national standards
- sustaining revenue
- documented processes for continuous quality improvement and quality assurance
Do you have questions about Pharmacy Services at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? Visit Our Services for more information or Contact Us or Find Our Location(s).