Do you know someone who has suffered a stroke, brain injury or other neurological disorder? Palomar Health has specialized treatment services to help overcome impairments associated with these conditions.
The Palomar Health rehabilitation team consists of physical, occupational and speech therapists who are specially trained to treat patients with neurological deficits. Together, our team works to challenge our patients to reach their optimal physical, emotional and social potential.
The neurological rehabilitation program at Palomar Health is appropriate for people who have disorders such as Cerebral Palsy or Parkinson’s Disease and for those who have had a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury or stroke.
Our comprehensive treatment program consists of tailored, one-on-one sessions which can include:
• Functional mobility training for getting around safely
• Balance/vestibular training
• Walking/gait training
• Self-care activities such as grooming, bathing and dressing
• Fine motor skill coordination, such as writing and grasping small objects
• Communication and cognition (speaking and listening, decision making and problem solving/judgment)
Throughout the patient’s treatment, our team meets regularly with family members to discuss progress. We also offer a support group for patients and their families.
Do you have questions about rehabilitation services at Palomar Health in North San Diego County? Visit Our Services for more information, Contact Us or Find our Location(s).