We hope the information provided will support a positive learning experience for both you and your students, and guide you in fulfilling our regulatory requirements.
Step 1: Online Orientation Modules
New Clinical Instructors
(including >12-month lapse in teaching at Palomar Health)
Please enroll in the Nursing Instructor Orientation Course located on our Orientation Portal. If this is your first-time serving a rotation with us, you will need first need to create a free account.
• Log into PPHOL and locate the Nursing Instructor Annual Clinical Modules Course
• Complete the current year’s annual safety course and accompanying modules as needed
• Clinical instructors who have completed initial orientation and returning to teach within the same calendar are exempt from taking the annual safety exam.
• Skip Step 2 and complete Step 3
Step 2: Classroom Orientation (New Instructors only)
New Clinical Instructors must attend an orientation prior to the start of their rotation.
• Confirm you have completed Step 1 before attending an orientation
Step 3: Resources, Procedures and Forms